Friday, March 6, 2009

subtle shifting....

Lately I have noticed a subtle shift in Stylish. It's been 7 months since she stopped going to prison and she is starting to take an interest in things! Life is becoming interesting again!!! When we were walking around the supermarket she asked me "what is vinegar made of, how do you make it Mum?". And although I'm not actually SURE how vinegar is made I was interested to note that she herself has started to develop natural curiosity all over again.


Another shift occurred when she wandered into the kitchen and just started COOKING the other day. She decided to make biscuits from scratch with no recipe. She succeeded with very little help other than advice on consistency. She has always hated the idea of cooking, which I think is odd for a child, but to take an interest in it off her own accord was a big step towards un-learning I think, and I am very happy about it!
biscuit batter ala Stylish
mmmm tasty pink goo!
Stylish's biscuit recipe!!!

No comments: