Monday, April 20, 2009

2nd hand shopping

We decided to go second hand shopping today. Stylish is having some hormonal outbursts so she decided that she wasn't going to join us. So Spikee and I caught a bus to a really great local shopping centre with three second hand shops. I found lots of scrap material and brought it all home, and I'll have a look at it later to see what can be done with it. Stylish is going to make herself a hat out of some of the stuff we already have so I'll be sure to take lots of photos.





I also found a book about a teenage girl who finds out that she is pregnant. I thought owing to her age that she might like something with that sort of thing in it. Who knows. I'm sure that when I give it to her she will roll her eyes and look bored, then groan "muuuuuuum, why would I want THAT?" before stomping off to go have a look at it in private. 





I've been reading a book on teenagers, and whilst she is hardly a teenager she is certainly hormonal! Some of the outbursts are quite notable, it's comforting to read a book about it and know that it's not me, it's her. The book was called "BEFORE YOUR TEENAGERS DRIVE YOU CRAZY, READ THIS" and whilst I can't say I agree with everything the author says I certainly learnt a whole lot and enjoyed reading it to boot. He is a really funny author.






No comments: