Wednesday, September 17, 2008

no princesses here!

no princesses here!

This is a pic of her dressing up from a month or so ago. She has never, in her entire life, dressed up as a fairy or a princess. Witches, animals, puss in boots only recently (wish I had pics of that!) and just silly outfits that turn her into a character of some variety, like this one!
Thought I might post the burrito recipe that she used last week coz they were very yummy!
3 chook boobies
1 packet of wraps
lettuce
olives
sr cream
avocado
salsa
red onion
fresh coriander
It's pretty simple really. Cook boobies with salt and olive oil. Chop everything up and put it in bowls on the table. Place sauce on table (mashed avocado, salsa and sr cream). Heat wraps according to label. Slice chook. Put everything on the table so everyone can make their own burritos!
I have no idea how authentic that is .... infact I suspect it's very comfortable anglo food, but kids love it, and we did too! And it was an easy thing for her to cook on one of her very first attempts at cooking, and certainly her first ever menu planning!
This evening has been fairly relaxed, no dramas. Last night she announced that she wanted to go back to school so she didnt have to put up with me all day long so I was a bit concerned. But I think it's all just normal processing stuff now I've had some time to talk to other people and think about it myself. She is currently watching a show on TV about toilets in Japan - how NORMAL!

No comments: